sábado, 26 de julio de 2008

Sandman 20 Aniversario

Twenty years later, do you remember what you were doing immediately before you pitched DC on Sandman? How were you able to get almost complete control on a character without having done much comics work before?

I think the main reason that I did it was that nobody really had a clue what I was doing, and that was a very good place to be. I was writing as a journalist. I had just written the first one and a half episodes of my very first American comic, which was this prestige comic-series thing called Black Orchid. And then I got a phone call from [DC comics editor] Karen Berger, and Karen said, "Uh, look, we've had a meeting and we're getting a bit worried. We're looking at this title, and we've got a guy that nobody's ever heard of, doing a comic that nobody's ever heard of, about a female character, and female characters don't sell. We're going to give you a monthly comic, and the whole idea is to raise your profile a bit."


Sigan leyendo la entrebestia a Neil Gaiman en el New York Entertainment, encontrada vía Entrecomics.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Gaiman mon amour


.*

Duckland dijo...

No falla. To es pasarme por aquí, se me vea o no, y me dejas siempre con el culo torcido y la mandibula -y la voluntad de paso- flojísima.

Nena, un placer, ya sabes.
Me encontré algo y me acordé de ti. Un golpe al estómago:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r105/BramBook/Aids-WonderWoman.jpg

Un saludo, reina.
Duck